Friday, October 25, 2013

Follow up appointment

I know I'm late to giving a result to this, and I apologize.  But I wasn't sure how I wanted to write these next posts.

I went to the Dr's office to get the Progesterone levels drawn.  He confirmed that I ovulated on day 16 of my cycle, and that our timing was perfect. This was on a Wednesday, and he told me to go ahead and take a pregnancy test on the following Tuesday if AF hadn't come yet.
Then he prescribed me Provera to help induce my period (if it didn't come on its own), and Clomid for the 2nd round.  I expressed to him that S and I were not ready to do a 2nd round.  He pushed that he would prefer we begin immediately with another round, but understood if we weren't quite ready.  So he told me to take it again in 3 months, because he doesn't want me going longer than 3 months without a period.

On the drive home I called S and explained to him what the Dr said.  He said he wasn't comfortable doing another round on the medication, but understood my Dr's reasoning for not wanting me to go that long without a period. So we would re-visit it in 3 months.....if we even needed to revisit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment