Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The 2 weeks.

Since we're doing 1 cycle on Clomid, I'm going to elaborate a bit on what has been going on with that.
I began the medication at the beginning of this month (September), and it is supposed to make you ovulate about 14 days later.  Well, it did. YAY!
But now I go back to the Dr tomorrow to get blood drawn to make sure my Progesterone levels are even high enough to keep a baby inside me, if it does work. Such fun.

So now I'm in that 2 week waiting period, and getting closer to taking a pregnancy test. I never thought that I would be scared and nervous for this.  This is what we wanted, isn't it?  So why am I so afraid of the "what if?" Is this normal for people who are trying?  Or am I just not ready for this?
We have decided that I will take a test on Saturday morning, when both of us are home to be able to see the test results.  Oh, and because my friend is getting married that day, and dammit, I want to know if I can drink or not!

But in this 2 week waiting period, I've been analyzing every temp in my chart.  For some women, their chart will begin to look Triphasic if they are pregnant. Which means that you have 1 set of temps before ovulation, 1 set after, and 1 more set after implantation.  Which is why it's called "tri"phasic.  So of course, I've been staring at my chart on a daily basis, and weeding through it with a fine toothed comb.  It is looking triphasic. It is giving me hope.  It is making me really want to take a test earlier than you are supposed to, but I don't want to take one without S there to look at the results with me.  Because I'm not really sure whether we will cry happy or sad tears, be extatic, or be freaked the F out!. But I'm holding off. I just can't take one yet.

In the meantime, I've been browsing Pinterest for cribs, jogging strollers, what you can and can't eat, things to do/know at the beginning of a pregnancy. Oh, and the estimated due date. Probably shouldn't have Googled that one, but I'm curious and just couldn't hold back. A womens mind goes a million miles a minute, and step inside my brain for one second and you will realize that I am no different. Oh the mind of a woman!

So I've Googled lots of things that I am ashamed of, and would rather not admit to. But that's the mind of a woman who is going through the 2 weeks of "am I, or am I not."

No comments:

Post a Comment