Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fear, Worry, and Anxiety

Since we had to do fertility drugs, my Dr requires we do what they call BETA draws immediately after finding out you're pregnant.  So I called the Dr on Monday morning to let him know about the positive test, and he got me set up for blood draws at the local hospital. The first one came back at 82.  Then I had another draw exactly 48 hours from the first one, and it was 156.  These are both good numbers. They want the numbers to double or at least increase by 60% in a 48 hour time period.
Then the next step was scheduling our first appointment and what they call a dating ultrasound to figure out how far along I am.

The appointment was set at exactly 9 weeks. Which meant waiting 5 weeks for our first appointment, and the ultrasound.  That's a long time for a newly pregnant woman to wait, but we had already had the blood draw done to confirm the pregnancy and they wanted to wait until they could give us a good profile picture of baby and so we could hear the heartbeat.

A couple of weeks went by, and everything was just fine. No issues, nothing to worry about.  We had fun telling our parents and a few of our friends. But of course, there's always the fear in the back of every couples' mind.  What about miscarriage?

Around 6 weeks I began having some spotting. I called the Dr's office, and they said what I was describing wasn't anything to be concerned about.  If it got worse or heavier, to let them know.  Whew, good. There's nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment