Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Motherly Instincts


So I'm writing a separate post about this, because I never understood the whole "motherly instincts" until now.  Many people would say that when you get pregnant, you just have those instincts. The instincts that baby is moving, growing, etc. Then these instincts grow even more after the baby is born.

Well I completely understand that it does happen after conception.  There were a few times where I told S that I think something was wrong. I had spotted a lot, and that spotting turned to clots at a couple of points. I knew that wasn't normal and wasn't okay.  I had instincts that something wasn't right, but whenever I called the Dr's office they told me that what I was describing to them was normal.  Guess not.  Now I just regret not pushing it further. I should've requested that I come in and be checked anyway. That something wasn't right and didn't feel right.

I even prepped S the night before our ultrasound that it will go 1 of 2 ways. We'll either see our 9 week baby forming and hear the heartbeat, or the tech will let us know that she doesn't see anything or that it is smaller than it should be.  Maybe those instincts did kick in from the start, and I knew it was happening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment