Friday, August 23, 2013

Wait, what?

After those 2 cycles of 50 and 51 days, it was time to call my Dr for some answers.  She recommended the book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility (TCOYF)."  Now, I was skeptical because we weren't trying to have a child. So why did I need to read a Fertility book?  In the book, it recommended temping in order to figure out where you're at in your cycles so I don't need to be constantly taking pregnancy tests. Wait, backtrack, isn't that called Natural Family Planning?  Isn't that originally what we discussed doing?

So temping is what I did.

I noticed that my temp never spiked.  Meaning that I never ovulated. After 50 days, I called my Dr and pretty much asked her WTF? (I'm not putting in captions to what this means) At this point her response to me was, "I think your body is doing something more than what your normal family Dr can figure out. I recommend that you go see an actual OB/GYN."  This is when the questions between S and I began to get more intense.  Okay, so we knew that I didn't have a normal cycle, my body wasn't ovulating on its own, and if you don't ovulate then you don't get a period. So what do we do next? We knew that we were somewhat ready to start a family, but to willingly begin trying?  We both love our jobs, love our carefree life, and truthfully we love being able to go away on weekends whenever we please. But my body isn't working right. It isn't doing the thing that a normal woman's body is supposed to do. Which after reading TCOYF, we understood meant that we couldn't get pregnant.

Wait, what? We can't get pregnant?  We always joked about being on the 5 years to never plan, but that was an honest joke. We weren't serious. It was just a way to get family and friends off our backs. We want kids, we want to be parents. We just want to do it on our own timeline. Not someone elses.

No comments:

Post a Comment